Richard M. Novicki
105 Lake Linden Drive
Bluffton, South Carolina 29910
Field Service Engineer with broad-based experience in diverse electrical, mechanical and structural applications widely demonstrated in residential, commercial and heavy industrial environments. My specific knowledge includes building inspections conducted in accordance with ASHI and InterNACHI standards of practice for prospective buyers, mortgage institutions and real estate investors as well as mechanical, electrical and civil engineering skills in installations, commissioning and rebuilding of various types of capital equipment machinery and mineral process systems. In addition, I have an extensive amount of experience with electronic system installations, testing & troubleshooting of electronic and electro-mechanical technologies in the elite security, fire and telecommunication service industry. Proficiency in installations, commissioning, preventive maintenance, repairs and systematic troubleshooting within many trades over the years are the vital building blocks which have qualified me to become a very dependable and hard working individual to be employed in a hands-on or supervisory capacity. Understanding how to work effectively with people and delegate responsibility are also key components to many solutions.
• AAA Home Inspections, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
• Residential Building Inspector ~ SC Residential Builders Commission license #610, Board Certified Master Inspector – InterNACHI #10083010 (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors) 1993 – Present
Owner / President / Inspector ~ Founder of well established building inspection company and recognized leader serving Hilton Head Island and local communities. Currently performing on-site inspections correlated with the structural, electrical and mechanical aspects of homes, condominiums, commercial / industrial buildings and provide comprehensive written reports outlining significant deficiencies, major damages, potential safety hazards and other areas of concern. My inspection service entails a very thorough visual observation of electrical systems, plumbing systems, mechanical devices and structural building components including but not limited to foundations, framework and roof systems. Operation and testing of various facilities including heating & cooling systems, hot water heaters, major appliance groups and alike are essential to the home inspection procedure as well as proper use of testing equipment and analytical instruments.. which benefit greatly when collecting factual data. The reporting format is designed and conducted in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice adopted by ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) as well as InterNACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors). NOTE; The qualifications of a true building inspector can only be achieved through the understanding, knowledge and foresight of all building construction components, systems, “on-the-job-training” AND best of all…”hands-on-experience” within various mechanical trade groups over several years.
• Fuller Company / FL Smidth Engineering Bethlehem, PA – world headquarters (1987 – 1992)
• World leader in providing complete design engineering of capitol equipment machinery & processes for mining, cement plants, paper mills, bulk food / grain handlers, transport systems via rail, water and alike.
Field Service Engineer ~ Provided on site supervision and management of installation and commissioning of various types of capitol machinery and processing systems such as gyratory, jaw and hydraulic type roll crushers, ball mills, rotary kilns, large volume pumps, plant air compressors, high efficiency separators, dry product conveying pumps, high volume air compressors, air pollution control systems and pneumatic conveying systems for mineral process plants on domestic and international projects throughout the world. As a field engineer it was required of me to observe and oversee the installation and commissioning of many types of large industrial machines and electromechanical drive systems which included safety inspections and observation of proper rigging, safe handling and positioning of equipment. Many assignments entailed equipment disassembly and major overhauls including systematic troubleshooting, lab testing, instrument replacements, machining, hydraulic adjustments, drive shaft & cog alignments, critical tolerance checks on bearings, etc.. Some long term assignments required foreign language interpretation of unique technical designs and specifications of equipment to be used in third world countries.
Project / Product Engineer @ Air Supply Engineering ~ Selected by engineering department to review and revise manufacturing and assembly drawings of newly acquired compressor product line to be used in commercial / industrial environments. Overall cost reduction, vendor expediting and quality control was continually executed to meet critical start-up dates and deadlines for manufacturing, assembly and shipping.
• Atlas Security and Telecom, Inc., Allentown, PA – Electronic Security and Telecom Systems (1984 – 1987)
Owner / Operator ~ As founder and former owner of this company the customer was provided with professional system design, layout and installation of the latest security, fire detection and telecommunication systems available. Programmed all makes and models of electronic security systems and interfaced various types of analog and digital transmitters via voice grade and multiplex phone circuits to computerized central station monitoring receivers. Other duties included personnel training, supervision of installations, systematic troubleshooting / repair, new account sales, existing account upgrades, purchasing and inventory control. Sold corporate shares to partner in 1987.
• Security Service Company, Inc., Allentown, PA (1980 – 1984)
Installer & Crew Leader ~ Crew leader and installer of burglary intrusion, fire detection, industrial supervisory systems and video surveillance systems. Supported personnel training, troubleshooting and customer servicing of major accounts. Demonstrated additional expertise in the start-up and leadership of commercial / industrial installation crews. Developed various types of new devices and concepts to help simplify installations for crews.
• Licensed Electrician in the state of Pennsylvania.
• ADT Security Systems, Inc., Wilkes Barre, PA (1974 – 1980)
ADT – World leader in electronic security protection systems and services.
Installer & Crew Leader ~ After extensive on-the-job technical training with this company as an assistant installer I achieved the necessary skills to become a lead installer. Installed many elaborate security systems in high profile accounts and maintained all types of electronic protection devices designed for unique residential, commercial and industrial applications (ie. federal buildings, prisons, manufacturing plants & warehouses to pharmaceutical labs & clean rooms). Proper training and use of various types of state-of-the-art high tech security instruments and electronic test equipment was always protocol.
Inspector ~ Scheduled and conducted monthly, bimonthly, semiannual and annual inspections of Hi-Tech burglar / intrusion, fire detection, ASD systems, VESDA systems, deluge fire suppression systems, hyrdrostatic testing of wet & dry sprinkler systems, mechanical supervision of OS&Y valves, PIV valves, vane flow switches, pressure switches, electrical & diesel fire pump systems, industrial process systems and evacuation systems per service contract agreements and maintained compliance with national and federal code requirements.
Zone Supervisor ~ Promoted to zone supervisor to oversee and train new personnel for installations and service. Managed accounts totaling $1.6 million in recurring revenues in central Pennsylvania. Reduced false alarms and improved status of telecommunication lines by providing field engineers and technicians at telephone companies with unique technical specifications required for optimum efficiency and integrity of 24 hour monitored accounts.
Served Honorably in the United States Navy (1971 – 1974 ~ VIETNAM ERA)
• Electronics Technician aboard the USS LA MOURE COUNTY – LST 1194 ~ Amphibious Assault Tank Landing Ship serving in the Atlantic Fleet.
Electronics Technician ~ Responsible for preventive maintenance of UHF and VHF ship-to-ship and ship-to-shore communication systems including surface radar systems. Incorporated necessary field changes in various types of communication equipment. Monitored and regulated radio antenna transmission signal strengths for optimum use and personal safety of officers and the entire crew.
• Lehigh County Community College ~ Schnecksville, PA (1982 – 1983)
~ Elements of study: AC / DC Circuits, Logic Circuits, Power Supplies, Digital Transmitters, Receivers & Microprocessors.
• Cleveland Institute of Electronics ~ Correspondence course while aboard U.S Navy ship.. USS La Moure County (1971 – 1974).
~ Elements of study: Electronics Technology with lab.
• Williamsport Area Community College ~ Wiliamsport, PA (1970 – 1971)
~ Elements of study: Mechanical Drafting, Industrial Manufacturing and Processing Technologies.
• Venango Christian High School ~ Oil City, PA – College Prep Graduate (1970)
• Owner / President / Inspector ~ Founder of well established building inspection company (AAA Home Inspections) and recognized leader serving Hilton Head Island and local communities. Currently performing on-site inspections correlated with the structural, electrical and mechanical aspects of homes, condominiums, commercial / industrial buildings and provide comprehensive written reports outlining significant deficiencies, major damages, potential safety hazards and other areas of concern.
• Wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience in all residential construction trades, commercial and heavy industrial construction environments including performance in field service engineering assignments correlated with major plant expansion projects on numerous domestic and international sites around the world.
• Proficient in field service reporting and computer literacy.
• Twelve years installation experience working with high-end electronic security systems, fire detection & evacuation, industrial supervision & electro-mechanical systems, CCTV video surveillance, telecommunications, proprietary and UL Central Station monitoring.
• Superior leadership and strong supervisory skills developed for installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of high-end electronic security & fire detection systems, capitol equipment machinery and numerous process systems.
• Hands-on and supervisory experience demonstrated in many field groups such as mechanical and civil engineering with major corporations.
• Proficient and resourceful in product development and dealing effectively with people of many cultures.
• Diplomatic problem solver.